For my birthday in May, my wonderful DH hosted a lovely party for me, and even made most of the food! (I think I’ll keep him!) Included in the menu was some delicious strawberry lemonade, which he made himself from scratch to the delight of all our guests. He made a HUGE batch, and it was gone almost instantly.
Since then, we’ve made it a few more times because it was just so good we couldn’t resist. The last time I made it, though, I took it one step further. That one little step went from “amazing” to “Uh.May.Zing”. Just like that.
It’s still strawberry lemonade… but it’s pink. So I call it “Pink Lemonade”. Fitting, huh? But unlike the pink lemonade you can buy just about anywhere else, this pretty little beverage has no artificial colors. No artificial flavors or preservatives, either! In fact, it has no refined sugar, and very little sugar at all. Can you say, “Mmm-mmm!”
Recipe: Pink Lemonade
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar (any kind)
- 1/4 t. liquid stevia*
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Place the lemon juice, sugar, stevia, and hot water in a blender (I used my Vitamix). Blend until sugar is dissolved, making sure to vent the lid to allow steam to escape.
- Add remaining water and chopped strawberries. With the lid secure, blend until the strawberries are incorporated into the liquid.
- *If you prefer sugar, use 1/2 cup of sugar and omit the stevia. If you prefer to use stevia exclusively, use approximately 1/2 t. Adjust sweetener to taste.