Welcome back to Sizzlin’ Soups! Day2Day Joys, Christian Mommy Blogger, The Humbled Homemaker, Intentional by Grace, The Purposed Heart and myself have had a lot of fun bringing you our favorite heart-warming soup recipes.
In case you missed them, we’ve already featured:
- Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Chowder from LeighAnn
- Sausage & Kale Italian Zuppa from Rachel
- Sweet Potato & Sausage Soup from Nikki
- and Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup from Erin.I’ve already tried the Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup (I made the wheat-free, dairy-free version), and my whole family loved it! These are recipes you will want to include in your regular meal-planning rotation, I promise you.And we’re going to make it easy for you to do just that… we will have a free gift for you after our last installment that you will definitely want to take advantage of! Be sure to subscribe to one of the above blogs so that you don’t miss out on the announcement!
Chicken & Whole Wheat Garlic Dumplings
- 2 cups cooked shredded or cubed chicken
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 cups broth
- 1 tsp each rosemary, oregano, and parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Place chicken, vegetables, and broth in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add herbs; add salt and pepper to taste. About half an hour before serving, stir in cream, then make dumplings. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Beat egg lightly and stir into yogurt. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until you have a moist biscuit-like dough. Drop by large spoonfuls into the soup. Cover and allow to cook on high for 15 minutes or so, turning halfway through if desired.